Establishment of Alumni Association’s Dubai Chapter
Galaxy – an alumni association of the Institute added yet another feather to its cap by launching the Dubai Chapter on 10th April 2018. Initiative was taken by Dr. (Prof.) Rakesh Premi with the objective to further expand the realm of Galaxy. To start with, the international Dubai chapter would be the first step which further would expand to Middle-east region. Dubai’s chapter meet was organized in Hotel Grand Excelsior, Bur Dubai, Dubai. Director had the meeting with Deepak Agarwal (1997-99 batch), Mohit Pandey (2000-2002), Amit Kumar (2001-2003), Ratna Agarwal (2003-2005) and Arshee Mahmood (2007-2010). Meeting other than informal tet-a-tat ended with a formal understanding in form of Minutes of meeting (MOM).
Following points were incorporated in MOM.
- It has been decided that the GHS-IMR alumni Whatsapp group for alumni based at Dubai named GHS-IMR DXB will be formed immediately.
- It has also been decided that a meeting will be arranged with the visiting students of the GHS-IMR during their International Study Tour to Dubai proposed in October 2018.
- It has also been decided that Alumni based in Dubai will act as mentor for the selected students every year and they will be connected through respective alumni email ids.
- Ratna Agarwal of 2003-05 batch suggested that during the students visit to Dubai, placement brochure is to be kept ready and student placement committees would meet industry people for exploring placement opportunities.
- Deepak Agarwal (1997-99) batch suggested that visiting students would be asked to identify 3-4 industry contacts before-hand through LinkedIn and would connect with them in person during their visit to Dubai.
- It has been decided that alumni based at Dubai will be active in getting/providing opportunities to fellow alumni by being active in “Dubai Chapter” and connecting it with domestic chapter.
- It has also been decided that during International study tour to Dubai all alumni based at Dubai will address visiting students over dinner and will share their expertise and experience.