ABOUT PGDM PROGRAMME
With the glorious legacy of 22 years in management education, GHS-IMR has successfully contributed in the multidimensional development of future professionals with a clear focus on positive thinking and self-confidence to cope with the transformation, challenge, and qualms of corporate life.
The PGDM program is approved by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) and is equivalent to MBA by Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
The PGDM program of GHS-IMR has the following objectives:
- To impart state-of-art skills and knowledge in functional areas of management with the objective of preparing students for cross-functional positions in Industry.
- To develop the students personality integrated with strong values and positive attitude so as to be receptive to societal concerns and ethical conduct.
- To hone analytical and problem solving skills using modern day managerial tools to enhance decision making capabilities.
- To build awareness about the socio-economic environment, both domestic & international and its implications for businesses.
The PGDM programme is of two years which is divided into six terms; each being of 11-12 weeks duration. At the end of the first three terms of the program, all students are required to undergo compulsory summer internship for 6-8 weeks in any company. The completion of summer internship students take up electives, which are to be studied in 4th, 5th and 6th terms.
Brief overview of the GHS-IMR PGDM Program
The PGDM program focuses on developing business leaders who are value-driven, can bring change and work effectively in functionally and culturally diverse teams across the globe. Learning extends beyond the four boundaries of the class room as live projects, discussions, presentations and co-curricular activities. Seminars, industry visits, alumni talk series and cultural activities are organized round the year.
During the two years, the student receives academic inputs in two parts, namely, the Compulsory package and the Elective package. Distinct objectives are served by each package. Largely, the compulsory package are to be studied in the first year and the elective packages would are in the second year.
The aim of the compulsory package is to provide students with the fundamental knowledge, skills and techniques, contextual understanding, and overall perspective necessary for general management. The mix of compulsory and elective courses helps students to develop an in-depth understanding of the interrelationships crucial to successful business management. There are also a few compulsory courses in the second year. The second year courses have high project components so that students get more practical exposure.
The students can opt for dual specialization in the areas of Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, Operations, International Business and Information Technology as per their choice and career aspiration.
GHS-IMR organizes International Study Tour for students as they are expected to develop as global citizens through participation not only in curricular activities but also a mix of co-curricular and extra-curricular activities including socially oriented pursuits. Institute also provides Free Laptop with latest configuration to all students.
Following are the salient features of the institute that distinguishes it from other management institutes:
- Social Orientation
- Business Analytics
Course incorporates the essential theory and endeavors to make the program highly practice-oriented:
- Training Methodology is a mix of lectures and case based discussions with high focus on self-learning and practice.
- Teaching and designing of each course is carried out as per detailed course plan designed in accordance with the syllabus.
- Each course is aligned with current business environment to make the learning of the students more effective.
- Proportion of marks that is awarded to the students is by assessment- 60% in End-Term Examination and 40% in Internal Assessment.
- Regular interaction with the industry experts provides a clear mind set to visualize the future working of the corporate sector.
- Learning based on interactive internet exercise, simulation game is highly encouraged.