IMR-Management Speak is the journal published by Dr. Gaur Hari Singhania Institute of Mangement & Research, Kanpur. Launched in year 2008, it is a bi-annual journal. It offers a platform to academicians, researchers and practitioners to disseminate management knowledge and insights created through critical enquiry of data, observations and literature.
The journal welcomes original research work in the form of theoretical studies (perspectives), empirical research, case studies, management games and book reviews in all the functional areas of management. It encourages submissions that follow diverse perspectives and methodologies, existing as well as novel, including but not limited to:
- Perspectives, that would build new theories based on personal observations and or extant literature review.
- Empirical articles, that are based on primary and or secondary data, and which may use qualitative and or quantitative methodologies.
- Management Cases and Diagnoses of Cases that facilitate conceptual learning.
- Management games
- Book reviews
Guidelines for Author
IMR-Management Speak is a peer-reviewed bi-annual journal. It welcomes original research work from both academicians and researchers; in the form of theoretical studies (perspectives), empirical research, case studies, management games and book reviews in all the functional areas of management. The author/s should send a soft copy of the manuscript in MS Word to the office of IMR-Management Speak at email@example.com. The cover page of the article should contain:
- An abstract of the paper in about 200-250 words that clearly includes the purpose, design/methodology/approach, findings, research limitations, practical implications and value addition. (Times New Roman 12, in italics and single spacing).
- Keywords (4-6).
- A brief biographical sketch (60?80 words) of the author/s describing current designation and affiliation, specialization, number of books and articles published in refereed journals, and membership on editorial boards and companies, etc.
- Declaration from author/s that the article is original and is not under review for any other publication.
- The identity of the author(s) should not be revealed in the paper except on the cover page.
- A paper should be in range of 4000-6000 words including charts, tables and other annexure. The text should be justified both sides and typed in Times New Roman, font-size 12. The manuscript must have double line spacing.
- Figures and tables used in the paper should be in black-and-white. They must be numbered by using Roman numerals with a brief title.
- Any reference in the text should be indicated by giving the name of author(s) and the year of publication in parentheses.
- All references should be alphabetically listed at the end of the paper in the standard APA format.
- Manuscripts that fail to conform to the guidelines will not be considered for publication.
- Two or more referees review all contributions by following the ‘double blind’ system. The review process usually takes about 4-6 weeks.
- The ultimate decision to accept or reject a paper rests with the editorial board. The final draft of an accepted paper may be subjected to editorial amendments to suit the journal requirements.
- The author whose paper is published will receive one free copy of journal that carries the paper.
- Permission to publish copyrighted material should be obtained by the author before submission and cited in the captions.
- The copyright of all accepted papers for publication will vest with GHS-IMR, Kanpur.